Trying to find the best reading chair for your back? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up 12 amazing and supportive options that will look great and keep you comfortable while you’re reading.
Let’s have a look…
The clean, sleek lines of this chair make it right at home in any room of the house. It has plenty of room for getting comfortable when reading but isn’t too reclined or soft as this can make it difficult to easily get out of the chair or to find a comfortable position.
- The sturdy back provides plenty of support when sitting and reading.
- The exposed wood lines add beauty to the chair.
- The solid beech legs are incredibly durable and won’t rock or wobble.
- Medium seat depth makes it easy to get in and out of the chair.
- The seat is not too relaxed, which can make it difficult to sit up.
- The frame can sometimes ship already damaged.
- The fabric tends to pill a little with regular use.
Not only does this chair look great but it is incredibly firm and supportive, which is great for readers who struggle with back or neck pain when reading. The deeper seat allows readers to sit back and get really comfortable when engrossed in a good book.
- It is made from laminate and hardwood, providing a strong and durable frame.
- The track arm is built for heavy use and provides plenty of support.
- The durable fabric is easy to clean in the event of spills.
- The deep seat depth is great for people who want to sink into the cushion when reading.
- The firmer back and seat provide plenty of back support and prevent aches.
- It can sometimes have an unpleasant odor until it airs out.
- The cushions can break in and become a bit lumpy.
Being able to recline while reading a great book is a wonderful way to relax and become fully immersed in the story. This great chair is perfect for anyone who wants to lean back and prop his or her feet up when reading and it is also incredibly comfortable, which makes it perfect for a short afternoon nap in the middle of a good book.
- The reclining feature is great for leaning back and reading.
- The upgraded footrest makes it easy to relax when in a good book.
- The durable steel frame doesn’t rock or wobble when chair is leaned back.
- The larger cushion prevents users from feeling as if they will slide off.
- The curved armrests are very comfortable and supportive.
- It can be uncomfortable for shorter users.
- It is difficult to put together and pieces can easily break.
The strong, clean lines in this chair make it look great in any room of the home and ensures that the chair looks inviting. It’s a great option for fitting a reading chair into a smaller space as this chair doesn’t take up a ton of room. Its supportive back will help combat back pain when sitting and reading for long periods of time.
- The ergonomically designed seat cushion and back cushion provide maximum comfort and support.
- Assembly is very fast and easy.
- The solid wood frame offers a ton of support and durability.
- The removable seat can be cleaned without difficulties.
- It is deep enough for readers to snuggle back and feel comfortable when reading.
- The cover tends to wear very quickly.
- It can be uncomfortable for longer periods of time.
This chair looks very simple but is actually incredibly comfortable, making it a wonderful option for sitting and reading for extended periods of time. The thick cushion can easily be removed for cleaning. Thanks to the sleek lines, this is a timeless option that does not look out of place in any room of the home no matter the décor style.
- The rounded armrests are very comfortable for resting arms while reading.
- The splayed legs provide plenty of support to the chair.
- Attractive button tufting makes this chair gorgeous.
- The clean lines allow the chair to fit into any space.
- Stoppers under the seat cushion prevent it from sliding out.
- The tapered cushion can sometimes be uncomfortable.
- Assembly is a little more difficult than with other chairs.
Not only does this chair have a perfectly molded shape but it also offers exceptional lumbar support. This makes it an ideal option for any reader who wants to sit and read for extended periods of time. The durable hardwood frame prevents unnecessary and moving and wobbling even when the user moves to find a comfortable spot for sitting.
- Designed with an ergonomic back, this chair is molded to the body for comfort.
- The soft linen fabric is brushed for comfort.
- The gently sloping arms are perfect for resting while reading.
- The strong foundation ensures that the chair doesn’t rock.
- Thanks to the tall back on this chair, even taller readers can rest their heads.
- The lumbar support isn’t comfortable for all people.
- The contemporary color doesn’t look great in all homes.
Readers who want to be able to curl up in their chairs and get comfortable will appreciate the style and shape of this chair. Not only does it provide plenty of back support but it also supports the arms, making it easy for users to read for extended periods of time. Thanks to the attractive shape of the chair, it’s great in most any space.
- The barrel chair design offers plenty of support.
- The deeper seat allows users to sit back comfortably.
- Assembly is incredibly fast and easy.
- The reversible seat cushion makes it possible to prevent the cushion from falling flat.
- Attractive button tufting accents the chair.
- The color is not always true to what is ordered.
- The fabric can easily pucker.
Not only is this chair ideal for people who want to sit up and read but, thanks to its powerful reclining abilities, it’s also ideal for laying back. Most people can easily control the footrest without problems, allowing them to lean back and prop up their feet for the most comfort possible. That makes this an ideal chair for anyone in the family who wants to sit and read.
- The thick, durable cover material is easy to clean.
- Impressive padding along the back and seat provide plenty of support.
- The durable steel frame prevents the chair from feeling unsafe.
- The footrest is easy to adjust to the perfect angle.
- Rubber feet on the chair prevent wooden floors from being damaged.
- Pushback reclining is difficult for some people.
- The headrest isn’t the most comfortable.
It can be tricky to find a great chair that is perfect not only for reading but also for reclining. This chair offers incredible back, neck, head, and foot support. Together, this results in plenty of support along the entire body, allowing users to sit comfortably for long periods of time.
- The dual-function foot extension and reclining back are perfect for resting while reading.
- The durable PU is great for wiping off any spills.
- It only takes two minutes to assemble without a lot of tools.
- The solid hardwood frame and legs prevent the chair from being damaged during use.
- Plenty of cushioning on the back and seat makes this chair very comfortable.
- It is not a great option for heavier users.
- The springs under the cushion tend to wear out quickly.
This comfortable chair not only looks great in any room but is also very comfortable. Attractive details on the cushion and around the arms helps this chair to really stand out and gives it some personality. The chair is comfortable enough for long periods of reading and prevents back pain no matter the position that readers sit in.
- The seat is 24.5” deep, which is great for readers who want to curl up while reading.
- The charming floral-patterned fabric will update any room.
- The padding on the armrests keeps people comfortable while reading.
- The back curve is padded to prevent back pain.
- The overstuffed cushion will hold its shape for a long time.
- The fabric can pull apart at the seams.
- The back cushions take a little while to break in.
The comfortable shape of this chair as well as the attractive color makes it a great option to use in any room of the house. Thanks to the high sides and the wider arms as well as the deep design, this chair is great for curling up and reading for a longer period of time without having to adjust positions while sitting.
- The supportive back has plenty of cushioning to prevent sore muscles.
- Durable arms can stand up to people leaning to the side while reading.
- The comfortable cushion provides plenty of padding.
- The low seat height is perfect for snuggling in with a good book.
- The firm cushion won’t easily break down.
- The legs are difficult to attach so that they don’t wobble.
- The harder cushion is not ideal for some readers.
It can be tricky to find modern chairs that are comfortable to sit on and still offer a stylish shape. This modern design has a thick cushion that allows for hours of sitting and reading. Thanks to the durable frame and the support that it offers, readers of any size can easily enjoy an afternoon spent reading in this chair.
- The ergonomic contoured curves are great for combating back issues.
- It features floor protectors to prevent damage to hard floors.
- The cushion is very thick and firm, preventing it from losing shape.
- It adds a modern touch to any room in the house.
- The classic curve is comfortable to sit on.
- It doesn’t have arms so readers can’t lean to the side when reading.
- It doesn’t have the best lumbar support.