Trying to find the best tablet for reading newspapers and magazines? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’ve done the research and rounded up the top 11 options you should be considering…
Check out our top picks here or keep reading for the entire guide:
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Kindle Paperwhite||View on Amazon|
|Barnes & Noble NOOK HD+||View on Amazon|
|Kindle Oasis||View on Amazon|
|Likebook Mars E-Reader||View on Amazon|
|Kobo Clara HD||View on Amazon|
Taking newspapers on the go has never been easier, thanks to the durable and small design of this Kindle. It’s an incredibly responsive tablet, which makes loading and reading papers fast and easy. Additionally, the impressive battery life and fast charging are ideal for any person who will be taking his or her tablet to read away from home and doesn’t want to have to worry about it failing.
- The thin, light design is great for reading on the go.
- The glare-free display resembles real paper even when in the sun.
- A single battery charge lasts for weeks.
- The adjustable light automatically controls the screen for the best results when reading.
- The waterproof design is great for reading near the pool, at the beach, or with a cup of coffee.
- After unlocking, the device takes a while to wake up.
- The smaller design can be difficult for some people to easily read on.
Thanks to the durable exterior of this tablet, it’s an ideal option for reading the newspaper on the go without worrying about the tablet being damaged or broken. While it excels at showing text, thanks to the clear and bright screen, this is also a great tablet for watching movies.
- The brilliant 9” display makes reading small print easier than ever.
- The attractive design fits easily in the hand for long hours of reaching.
- Personalized settings allow all multiple family members to use the same tablet.
- The impressive screen resolution ensures that all letters are easy to read.
- It also includes apps and Bluetooth connectivity.
- The glass can easily scratch if not used with a protective cover.
- The library syncs automatically, which can sometimes cause the tablet to overload and crash.
Thanks to the ambidextrous design of this tablet as well as the impressive battery life, it’s a great option for anyone who wants to be able to take the newspaper on the go and read without feeling tied down. The matte display screen is anti-glare, making it perfect for use outside even on the most sunny days.
- The flush-front display is easy to read on and has an attractive design.
- The page-turn buttons make one-handed control of the tablet easier than ever.
- The e-ink technology provides fast page turns and a traditional newspaper feel.
- It can pair with Audible for seamless listening and reading.
- The thin ergonomic design is ideal for anyone who struggles with strength or pain in his or her hands.
- The touchscreen keyboard has a very slow typing rate.
- The aluminum design gets hot and cold very fast.
Not only does this tablet automatically adjust the lighting on the screen to help protect a reader’s eyes but it also allows for fast refreshing and page turns, making it easy to stay fully involved in the newspaper article that is being read. With great pinch-to-zoom and screen adaptation, newspapers look true to life.
- The super-high resolution allows for every single pixel to be easily seen so that the letters and words are clear and crisp.
- It offers a great cold and warm light adjustment to protect eyes when reading for long periods of time.
- It supports multiple mainstream formats when reading.
- It has a fast response, thanks to the impressive processor.
- Lower power consumption and smooth page turns are great for using the tablet all day long.
- It will sometimes lock up randomly during use.
- It can be difficult to turn off WiFi, which will quickly drain the battery on the tablet.
Even though the text on this tablet is a bit smaller than on other tablets, it is not so tiny that it is difficult to see. This means that users won’t have to do too many adjustments when wanting to read the paper. The easily adjustable light is highly responsive and will allow users to read without worrying about eye strain or fatigue.
- The smaller screen is great for taking the tablet on the go and reading out of the house.
- The low weight won’t make bringing this tablet on trips an issue.
- The built-in comfort light makes it easy to read all day long.
- The impressive touchscreen is highly responsive.
- It reduces blue-light exposure at night to ensure that readers can easily fall asleep after reading the paper.
- The operating system is not as fast or as powerful as those on other tablets.
- The screen tends to flicker and to lag between pages.
The sleek, updated design of this tablet makes it ideal for reading at home or on the go. Thanks to the slim design and how naturally it fits in the hand, it’s a great option for any newspaper fan who wants to catch up on the news without dealing with a large and bulky paper. The sleek look is impressive and attractive and the durable design will last.
- The high-resolution 300 ppi display makes the screen resemble a printed page.
- Users can easily turn the page of the paper without having to lift a finger.
- The adaptive front light automatically adjusts the light as the day progresses.
- The updated battery lasts for a very long time.
- The very thin design fits easily in one hand.
- It can be easy to accidentally turn the page without meaning to.
- Page turns can sometimes lag, causing frustration.
Designed for speed and to be highly responsive, this tablet is a great option for anyone who wants to be able to read the newspaper without any hassle. The sleek design of the tablet is easy to hold and very attractive; plus, the tablet makes it easy to change pages when reading, allowing users to get involved in a paper without distractions.
- The incredibly fast 1.3 GHz quad-core processor is highly responsive.
- It offers 1GB of RAM for storing papers and books.
- The battery provides up to seven hours of reading on a single charge.
- It can be used with a slim case to prop the tablet up to make reading the paper even easier.
- Even with the smaller screen size, it is easy to see fine newspaper print.
- It doesn’t do a great job connecting to the Internet to download newspapers.
- The screen can easily freeze in the middle of a reading session.
Thanks to the smaller size of this tablet, it’s perfect for holding in one hand and easily turning the pages of a newspaper. This makes it ideal for avid newspaper readers who want to sit comfortably and who don’t want to have to deal with using both hands to turn the page when reading. The powerful processor makes it easy to run many apps without the tablet slowing down.
- The 7.9” display is bright and offers true color and tone.
- It features a powerful battery with up to 10 hours of life.
- The incredibly fast processor is highly responsive.
- It shows every pixel, making reading fine print in a paper easier than ever.
- It is great for users who want a powerful tablet for more than reading.
- The smaller screen is difficult to type on.
- It can easily be damaged if accidentally dropped.
This tablet looks great and is perfect for reading newspapers. It’s easy to swipe or touch the screen to turn the pages of a newspaper. One of the best features of this tablet is that it is very easy to pick up and learn how to use, which makes it a great option for any person who doesn’t have a lot of experience with using tablets to read papers.
- The multi-touch display is incredibly easy to use and very responsive.
- It features 8GB of internal memory to make accessing newspapers easy.
- The impressive 1280 x 800 resolution makes it easy to view newspaper without blurring.
- It is integrated for wireless pairing with certain compatible devices.
- At just 7”, this tablet is great for taking on the go.
- Is sometimes will turn off without warning.
- The screen can easily crack when dropped.
This is a more advanced tablet that is ideal for any users who want to be able to not only read the paper but also have access to apps, listen to music, and watch movies. It does a lot of things well and is very easy for most users to learn how to control and operate without a lot of difficulties.
- The durable battery offers up to 10 hours of life on a single charge.
- It offers hands-free Alexa control for more advanced users.
- The clear screen is great for reading the newspaper.
- The great design is ideal for any person who is afraid of dropping and damaging the tablet.
- The buttons are easy to push to control the tablet.
- Adding too many apps can cause the tablet to slow down.
- It can sometimes freeze in the middle of reading the newspaper.
Not only is this tablet great for reading newspapers and other printed material but it does a wonderful job running other apps, making it ideal for people who want a lot of power and control from their tablets. The attractive screen is bright and shows colors that are true to life, which brings illustrations and photos to life.
- The impressive 9.7” retina display allows users to easily read small print.
- The powerful battery will last all day long.
- The size is perfect for holding and controlling with just one hand.
- Fast wireless connectivity is great for downloading newspapers.
- The crisp color and lines are great for viewing newspaper photos.
- It can easily break if dropped as this is a fragile tablet
- It will quickly start to lose a charge.
Out of all the options, our favorite picks would probably be the Kindle Paperwhite or Apple iPad. While they are quite different in terms of price ranges and what they have to offer, but both are great for the application of reading magazines and newspapers.