Trying to find the best earbuds for audiobooks? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled the top options to consider along with exactly what you need to know before making your final purchase…
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|View on Amazon|
|Mijiaer Earbuds||View on Amazon|
|Panasonic Ergofit Earbuds||View on Amazon|
|Apple EarPods with Plug||View on Amazon|
|Apple AirPods||View on Amazon|
If you’re in a hurry, just know that we highly recommend the Apple AirPods for audiobooks.. They are simple to use and convenient for listening to almost anything.
Use the link above to check them out on Amazon or keep reading for the entire guide with the other top options…
Features You Must Consider
While some people don’t mind having their earbuds connected to their phone when listening to an audiobook, others don’t want to feel tied down. Bluetooth connectivity is a great option for anyone who wants to listen to audiobooks without having to have their phone attached to them.
Some earbuds with Bluetooth connectivity can reach farther than others, so it’s important to take that into consideration when shopping.
Listening to an audiobook is a great way to spend time at the gym or on a walk, but not all earbuds can withstand sweat as well as others can. Earbuds that are sweat resistant will stay in the ear without sliding out when a user is sweating and will also keep working without being damaged by damp and humid conditions.
There are some earbuds that are actually able to cancel the noise that may interrupt enjoying an audiobook. These earbuds are often very powerful, although this is generally reflected in their price, so that is something to consider when shopping.
Not all earbuds will fit correctly in all ears. The way that they fit in the ear and if they have a piece that wraps around the top of the ear will come into play when finding comfortable earbuds. Taking the fit into consideration is key when choosing earbuds that are comfortable enough to be worn for a long period of time.
Unlike earbuds that cancel noise from around listeners, ones that offer sound isolation isolate the sound of the audiobook from outside noise. These are great for listening to an audiobook when in an incredibly crowded or noisy area.
Best Earbuds for Audiobooks
Not only do these earbuds look great thanks to the fun colors that wearers can choose from, but they do a great job keeping outside noise from being a problem when listening to an audiobook. They can last for up to eight hours on a single charge, making them great to use on the go.
- Features CVC noise cancellation to make listening to an audiobook easy
- Sports design means that they feature IPX7 waterproofing, which is great for sweaty situations
- Control buttons on the headphones make it easy to stop the audiobook without having to use the phone
- Neck strap prevents them from getting lost if they slip out of the ear
- Bluetooth 4.1 technology delivers great audio without a connecting cord
- Do not always connect the first time when syncing with an iPhone
- It’s easy for the side button to be hit and turn off the earbuds when used with a hat
Not all earbuds are designed to be comfortable when worn in bed, but these are soft and flexible, making them great for users to wear when drifting off to their favorite audiobook. With multiple caps and sizes to choose from, there’s no reason why people can’t enjoy a perfect fit, ensuring a great experience when listening to a book.
- Lightweight and comfortable design is great to wear when listening to an audiobook in bed
- Flexible silicon design ensures that they fit easily and correctly in most any ear
- Designed to isolate outside noise
- The super dynamic bass and high resolution treble are crisp and clear, great for listening to dramatic audiobooks
- Ship with two different sized earplugs and three different sized silicone caps for a comfortable fit
- Tend to make a “rustling” sound when moving, due to the connecting cord
- Cord tends to get tangled, even when relaxing
Not only are these earbuds incredibly fashionable, but they also provide great sound when listening to audiobooks. They are a wonderful option for anyone who wants corded earbuds, but needs a slightly longer cord that won’t make it difficult for them to move around, as it is an impressive 3.6’ long.
- Comes with three sets of earpads for users to choose ones that will fit best in their ears
- Extended headphone cord isn’t so short that users feel like they can’t move their head when using the earbuds
- Ergonomic fit slips easily into the ear without pain
- Do a great job providing even sound without any distortion
- Has a microphone, which is great for answering calls when the headphones are in
- Cord is not silicone wire and can tangle easily when used during exercise
- The right angle of the mini-plug puts stress on the wire and can cause it to fail
Apple has long been known for producing great quality products, and these earbuds are no exception. They are designed to fit correctly and smoothly in the ear so that users don’t have to worry about any discomfort. Thanks to the correct fit, as well as the way that they provide perfect sound, they are a great option for listening to audiobooks.
- Geometric shape design of the earbuds makes them more comfortable for most people
- Internal speakers have been engineered for best sound output
- Built-in remote makes it easy to adjust volume and playback when listening to a book or music
- Slick cord is very rigid and does a great job resisting kinks and tangles
- Great sound quality helps to block out external noise from the environment
- Some users have reported the earbuds pausing audiobooks on their own accord
- Where the wire meets the jack can become bent and start to fail
Apple changed the game when they released their AirPods, and they have become some of the most popular earbuds on the market. Not only do they fit easily into the ear, but they are easy to control and connect quickly, making listening to audiobooks faster than ever. The charging case and sleek shape of the earbuds are two other great features.
- Automatically turn on and connect to devices, making setup fast and easy
- A fast double-tap skips or plays the audiobook
- Will charge quickly once they are placed in the case
- Since they are cordless, users don’t have to worry about their earbuds tangling
- Offers more than 24 hours of listening time on a single charge
- The microphone is a lower quality than on other earbuds, so they are better suited for listening than talking
- The two earbuds can sometimes charge unevenly, giving one more power than the other
As far as corded earbuds go, these are a great option for anyone who wants to be able to listen to an audiobook on the go. They fit most people very easily and tend to stay in place, even when the wearer is engaged in exercise or other activities. With a comfortable fit and long cord, they are great for most users.
- Ships with three sizes of tips to help users choose the right ones for their ears
- Inline microphone and remote make it easy to take calls when listening to an audiobook
- Ships with a protective carrying case to prevent them from being damaged or broken
- Weather and sweat resistant, so they are great for use in most situations
- Great sound quality ensures that users can hear every word of their favorite audiobook
- Do not feature any noise canceling properties
- Some people find that the earbuds don’t seat correctly in the ear and will tend to slip out
These earbuds are ideal for taking on the go when users want to listen to an audiobook. They won’t be damaged by extreme sweat sessions at the gym or when the wearer is caught in a rainstorm. Additionally, the powerful charging case is compatible with wireless charging and is perfect for keeping the earbuds charged and ready to go at all times.
- Offers advanced Bluetooth 5.0 technology for the best connection experience possible
- Provides impressive and true-to-life sound
- IPX8 waterproof, which means they can be submerged in water for 30 minutes without damage
- A single charge offers more than 3.5 hours of playtime
- Charging case supports wireless charging on the go
- Even though they won’t be damaged by exposure to water, the Bluetooth doesn’t work when they are submerged
- Some users reported one of the earbuds tending to cut off while the other still worked
While the microphone on these headphones is not the most powerful or advanced, users who want to be able to listen to an audiobook and have a great experience will love the power that they provide. They are incredibly comfortable and fit easily into the ear without irritation. With a powerful internal speaker and durable cord, they have been designed to last for a long time without wearing out.
- Ergonomic design is perfect for users who struggle to wear other earbuds without discomfort
- 10 mm internal audio driver provides a clear and bright sound
- Come with a mic and volume control for easily controlling the audiobook or answering calls
- Rugged design has oxygen-free copper wire for great conductivity
- 3.9’ wires are designed to resist tangles and kinks
- Control button doesn’t always respond to input
- Not ideal for having a conversation on the phone, as they produce a lot of static
If you don’t want to choose the Air Pods, than the TOZO Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds are another fantastic choice.
Plus, for those of us with weird ears, the sticky part can help them stay in better. Happy listening!